ASPHALT ROAD BUILDING PRODUCTS
ABS-65 is an environmentally friendly waterborne emulsion used for base stabilization in road building. Our ABS-65 binds the base components together, creating a stronger longer lasting roadway. This proven stabilizer is compatible with all base materials and is an economical alternative rather than hauling in base material. Also ABS-65 can be utilized when recycling an existing road to reduce time, cost, and environmental impact. ABS-65 is an ideal choice for any pavement based application and is the first step to consider when constructing or rebuilding a roadway.
- Blade asphalt surface to a depth of 6 inches, 8 inches on heavy load areas.
- Apply the diluted ABS-65 to the road base and mix thoroughly with the blade at a rate of .7 gallons per square yard to 1.5 gallons per square yard.
- Repeat step 2 once again.
- Start laying down the base in 2 inch lifts, compact with a sheep’s foot, rubber tire, or flat wheel vibrating compactor.
- Complete final blade work to road.
- Finish treated surface with steel roller wheel.
- If desired 1 part ABS-65 to 2-5 parts water may be sprayed for a fog seal prime.
- Allow a 48hr cure time before applying the final riding surface.